BAN

Friday, January 29, 2010

SNOW!

TYG it's friday :) I'm barely hanging on to a B in A&P. My teacher told us some wise words today. I'm pretty sure that I should have thought about it sooner, but...it helps me put things into perspective:




"Study for your life- not just for an exam."


I still can't grasp the fact that I'm a college student working my way up to be a nurse. Yep. I'm getting there.

Anyway, spent the afternoon eating some unhealthy-MSG-'dified-Chinese food with some friends. It took 1.5 hours to drive back to Southern because of all the paranoia on the streets. To sum it up: We almost got hit by a crazy white van, We saw a guy who's car was completely stuck on the road so we hooked him up with a ride. When he got into the car, Randy's van got stuck in the snow...SO, we pushed and pushed and pushed. Thankfully, we were on our way. Dropped the guy off who said that he was thankful because he had helped someone move their car the other day. "It pays to do good deeds. It comes back to you."

It's freezing outside. The snow is rising high and I'm all warm in the dorm. Roomie and I are gonna do some major re-decorating to our room this weekend. Saved up to buy some cute furniture additions and what not. We'll see how this turns out. Took a BUNCH of random pictures, but, I'm too lazy to edit and load them, so here's a few :)



1
Guess who?

2
Roomie through the window

2
<3

3
Yes, in the snow, I use my umbrella :)



I miss my family :( Yesterday, I was having a pause and reflect moment. For those who know me well, you know all the ______ that went down btwn my mama and I. Honestly, we've gone through more than anyone could ever imagine. And now, we're in a good place. Every time I study, I picture my parents and think of some way I can provide for them as I grow older. Past is past. I'm thankful we can move forward.

Randy asks me why I don't show him much affection...Or why is it always random and not consistent? I'm not sure why, but I've all of a sudden disliked PDA. Hahaha. It's cute when he asks. I hope he knows that it's only him I'm lookin' at. We were eating lunch with a friend the other day. He asked us how long we were going out, and we told him to guess. "2-3 years?" "Nice guess." "You guys seem that way." Dunno what it's supposed to mean, but, I found it as a good thing. Two years is nothing when you expect more. SO LAME!!!! Hahaahaha, but that's what love does to you. You only want the best.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Happy Sabbath

3 comments:

  1. that's what's great about family. you can forgive and forget. i'm glad you and your mom are better. but what am i saying? i'm still holding grudges..
    love you nikki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad always made it a habit to give rides to random people by the roadside. very cool of you guys to do it too, in such bad weather, no less.

    ah, family.

    hahahaha, i have the same prob with abbie! she very much dislikes PDA. it's funny and sucky at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always glad to hear good news about you and your mom.
    & i'm always here for ya. :)

    your picture taking/editing is amazing!
    i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Music to my ears.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com