BAN

Thursday, December 3, 2009

It hit me...

Every Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have a math class. Before class begins, our teacher has us read Spiritual Gifts: Volume 1 by EG White. I'm familiar with her and her beliefs, but as far as the books that she's written; I'm cold. I came across a couple of paragraph that hit me hard. If you have the time, please read it. When it comes to religion, I'm not easily phased...But for some reason, God allows her writing to impact my day more than anything that I have read (excluding the Bible of course.):



"...I saw that a very large company professed the name of Christ, but God does not recognize them as His. He has no pleasure in them. Satan seemed to assume a religious character, and was very willing that the people should think they were Christians. He was very willing that they should believe in Jesus, his crucifixion, and his resurrection. Satan and his angels fully believed all this themselves, and trembled. But if this faith does not provoke to good works, and lead those who profess it to imitate the self-denying life of Christ, he is not disturbed; for they merely assume the Christian name, while their hearts are still carnal; and he can use them in his service better than if they made no profession. Under the name of Christian they hide their deformity. They pass along with their unsanctified natures, and their evil passions unsubdued. This gives occasion for the unbeliever to throw their imperfections in the face of Jesus Christ, to reproach him, and to cause those who do not possess pure and undefiled religion to be brought into disrepute."



These past two weeks, I've been shown how corrupted this world is. I'm definitely not saying that I don't partake in any of it, but the fact that I do--I need to stop. There's so much that I'm wasting my time on....

Sometimes, I feel that knowing less about what's to come in the last days is better...That way, I won't be freaked out about all things that are mentioned in Daniel and Revelation, but I'm only harming my heart, my relationships, and my responsibilty.

I don't know where this is coming from, but I'm thankful for my math teacher and her desire of wanting to improve the Christian faith.

Not worthy; but He's still there.

2 comments:

  1. wow, it's hard to imagine she wrote that over 100 years ago and it still applies today.

    i wish i had a teacher like yours when i was in college.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Music to my ears.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com