BAN

Saturday, February 27, 2010

PRAY

Currently in Palm Desert at a hotel with my mama and enjoying all the amenities it has to offer. BUT, my heart aches reading about what's going on in Chile. I told my mom about it and she said : "Signs of the times, babygirl." Sigh. I know I'm supposed to be grateful for God's soon return, but where do I stand? All the evidence is being shown to me every single day. Earthquake in Haiti, constant earthquakes in California, recent earthquake in Chile, crazy winter storms in the Northeast -- the list goes on and on and on and on. All I seriously feel like doing is getting on a plane and assisting those in need. Giving $ for donations is cool too, I'm grateful for support programs like those, but man, I need somethin' more.

I'm having a constant mind-struggle with all things "religious". God's providing me with all that I need and even everything that I want. I know He's asking me to do something for His glory.

A couple of days ago, I watched a documentary that broke my <3:



"Why is it that when I play basketball, I'm considered a jock, and everyone still loves hanging around me? Why is it that when I listen to rap and have a certain accent, I'm considered a gangster, and yet, everyone still loves hanging around me? But why is it that when I want to love Jesus and glorify Him in all ways, nobody wants to hang around me anymore?"


Shame.
I need strength. Forreal though. I'm all talk about religion, but when it comes down to it: I seriously wish I could drop all the things that keep me from experiencing a genuine Christian faith. It bugs me, ya'know, when I hear people saying "If you're gonna be 1/2 Christian--don't be Christian at all." Blaaaaaah. I need you, Lord. Everyone does. Plz show them their need for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Music to my ears.


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com